We are looking for people with a ‘can-do’ attitude who are strongly motivated, outgoing, caring and have a calm demeanour when needed. You will be working as part of a team to help with behaviour support, personal care, washing, dressing, doing their housework, cooking, attending appointments, attending work or day opportunities, cooking, accompanying to appointments and socialising.
Our Support Workers would join a supported living service that is owned by Northern Counties Housing Association and the service is funded by Barnsley Metropolitan Council. The service has 8 flats and 2 are self contained.
The role requires candidates to provide 24 hour support with a sleep over service and the people we support have a physical and a learning disability. The age range of the people we support are between 35- 77 and some require extra support with communication, mobility and personal care.
Extra shifts may require cover, including sickness, annual leave and waking nights.
What is important to us
* People who support us know our needs and have the right skills to support us. Getting the right care and support
* Working in a person centred way.
* Knowing we can put our trust in you.That our home is kept clean and tidy.
* For our support staff to be positive and enthusiastic at all times. That we are respected and treated equally by the people who support us
* To be understood and our preferences valued
* To have our needs met in the way we choose and develop skills. For us to live a fulfilled life and we are able to be actively involved in our community, social and leisure activities.
* That are records are kept up to date and accurate so that people know what are current needs are.
How best to support us
* Listen to us and Communicate with us in our preferred way.
* Be positive and enthusiastic
* Support us at the times that are best for us around out activities and lifestyle.
* Encourage us to live a healthy and varied lifestyle.
* Ensure we are supported to access medical appointments and treatment
* Respect our values, privacy, dignity and confidentiality.
* Support us with our personal care, medication and finances.
* Support us to make decisions and choices when we need you to.
* Work well as part of a team and value your colleagues.
* Keep our home clean and tidy and support us with our household tasks.
As well as knowing that what we do is making a positive difference to people’s lives, you will receive fair pay and have access to a wide range of rewards and benefits as one of our employees.
* 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme
* Service related sick pay when 6 month probation is completed. Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings
* Death in service life cover for a nominated beneficiary under our life assurance scheme
* Loans for debt consolidation,bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
* Interest free season ticket loans
* Discounts and cashback from 3% to 30% at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras. Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
* Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
* Access to award winning training and development
*T&C’s apply based on contract
At Mencap we work in partnership with people with a learning disability. We do this by providing high quality, flexible services that support people, including young adults, to live as independently as possible in their own homes and in the community.
Everyone wants a purposeful job – to do something meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You will have opportunities to develop as a person, colleague, leader and activist.
You’ll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We will ask a lot of you – but you’ll get back so much more. With us, it is never ‘just a job’.
In return for your hard work and passion, we can give you real meaning and purpose in your work.
Job Type: Part Time
Location: Barnsley, South Yorkshire
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.