Self-Employed Sessional Social Workers
When registering to this job board you will be redirected to the online application form. Please ensure that this is completed in full in order that your application can be reviewed.
TACT East Midlands are recruiting Self Employed Sessional Social Workers to undertake a variety of duties supporting the regional team particularly in Northamptonshire, Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire and other locations covered by the region.
Self Employed Sessional Social Workers
TACT is the UK’s largest specialist charity provider of fostering and adoption services. Our core work involves providing high quality and well supported fostering or adoptive families for children and young people in the care of local authorities. Working in partnership with local authorities from our offices across England, Wales and Scotland, we are dedicated to providing creative, effective and outcome-focused services. We also campaign on behalf of children and young people in care, carers and adoptive families and are a leading voice in the sector.
Our vision is to provide better lives for our children and young people.
Self Employed Sessional Social Worker Core Tasks may include:
* To undertake and complete Form F assessments in the timescale set out in TACT’s policy and guidance.
* To visit personal referees as identified on application form for prospective foster carers.
* To ensure that all checks and references are undertaken and completed.
* To provide to the supervisor, regular written updates of the draft assessment.
* To liaise with the administrative department concerning the progress of administrative checks and completion of the Form F.
* To be available for supervision, consultation or liaison as required.
* To be available to present completed Form F’s to TACT’s fostering panel and provide support to the applicants through this process.
* To be aware of TACT’s child protection procedures and immediately report any child protection matter or concerns to a TACT manager and any relevant placing authority and the area authority.
* To carry out the duties in line with TACT’s Foster Carer and Supervising Social Worker Standards and Practice Guidance.
* Support and supervision of foster carers and placements (including but not exhaustively: carer supervision visits, visits to the YP in placement, attending LAC reviews, PEP meetings, other relevant professional meetings, writing supervision notes and carer reviews, carrying out H&S checks, keeping files up to date etc.)
Rates of Pay
* TACT will pay £27 per hour (including travelling time) for support and supervision of foster carers and placements and associated tasks.
* TACT will pay £33 per hour for initial visits, assessments which are not completed, and any other piece of work.
* TACT will pay £1,900 plus VAT upon successful completion of a Form F Assessment.
* Travelling time is included in the above payments unless travelling is in excess of 1 hour in each direction, in which case travelling time will be paid for the ‘in excess’ period only at £15 per hour.
Please see the Job Information Pack for a full breakdown of the role and rates.
* You will need to be DipSW, CSS or CQSW qualified and registered with Social Work England.
* An enhanced DBS check is also required and will requested for you by TACT.
Closing Date: Midnight on Monday 10th February 2020
Interviews: Tuesday 18th February 2020 at TACT East Midlands (NN15 7HH )
TACT reserve the right to close the vacancy once we have received sufficient applications, so we advise you to submit your application as early as possible to prevent disappointment.
Salary: £1900/day + VAT per completed Form F
Job Type: Contract, Part Time
Location: NN15, Kettering, Northamptonshire
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.