This challenging and exciting opportunity requires an individual with demonstrable commercial expertise within the civil engineering, construction, rail, utilities or infrastructure sectors, and will appeal to a person wishing to work on a part time basis, with the hours and days worked each week being flexible and tailored precisely to suit the successfully appointed candidate. In return you will be directly employed on a permanent basis, and rewarded with an attractive basic salary plus extensive benefits package, along with longevity in security of workload and forward career advancement.
Our client is proud to be one of the UK’s leading specialist civil engineering and construction contractors, and has earned an enviable reputation for quality, innovation and customer service. The business is represented throughout the UK by a network of regional offices, each offering a full portfolio of project disciplines.
Due to continued growth, new investment and recent contract awards across the South West, we now have an exciting opportunity for a part time Quantity Surveyor to assist in their further ambitious expansion plans. The role will be based within our client’s regional office and will take accountability for projects throughout the region. The successful candidate will lead, assist and advise on commercial, financial and contractual matters, and thus effectively support the Senior Management Team to help them procure and deliver a wide range of technically complex and challenging projects.
* Lead, assist and advise upon all commercial activities and financial governance, working closely with the contracts / operations and senior management teams
* Continual review and challenge of existing commercial processes to identify and implement best practice
* To draw up contracts and sub-contracts or ensure contracts have been drawn up prior to commencement of work, and to review contracts drawn up by third parties
* To assist with pre-construction commercial activities, such as vetting / approval of terms, contract evaluations, and sub-contract procurement and selection
* Identify risk and opportunities associated with contracts, and manage as appropriate
* Provide commercial / contractual advice to contracts / operations teams
* Notification, preparation and agreement of any change, claims or extensions of time that may arise
* Attend client meetings, including project commencement and close out appointments
* Undertake commercial audits for each contract to ensure good practice and compliance with company procedures and client specifications
* Prepare monthly financial reports, identifying trends and areas for improvement
* Provide final account sign off and agreement of interim assessments, including early warning notifications, compensation events and extensions of time etc.
* Financial reconciliation and all contractual administration
* Attending / contributing to risk management, value engineering, cost / value, overall progress and update meetings
* Preparation of weekly / monthly cost / value reports, including KPI information, estimates of defined costs to complete, and any pain / gain position
* Preparing and agreeing of final accounts
* Preparation and administration of sub contract documents including sub contract set up
* Administration of accounts to final stages
* A Quantity Surveying Degree is desirable, however HNC / HND level individuals with demonstrable experience will be equally ideal
* You will possess a thorough working knowledge of the construction, civil engineering, rail, utilities or general infrastructure sectors
* Knowledge and understanding of pre-construction and procurement processes
* Knowledge of multiple differing construction techniques, and the general sequence of events for a wide variety of contracts, schemes and project applications
* The ability to apply the knowledge and principles of commercial management best practice to various projects
* A working understanding of JCT and NEC forms of contract, and a basic knowledge of plant, equipment and materials
We are committed to equal opportunities. We wish to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and appointed solely on their suitability for the post irrespective of race, gender, age, disability, caring responsibilities, sexual orientation, marital / civil partnership status, religion / belief or nationality
Salary: £45000 – £55000/annum Pro rata salary plus benefits
Job Type: Part Time
Location: Port Talbot, Neath Port Talbot
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.