This is a rare opportunity to join our client, who is a small family owned organisation. Due to an increase in contracts an opportunity has been created for candidates who are looking to take on a part time role initially. You will be working closely with the Owner of the Company, to be suitable for this vacancy you will hold either a HND in Building, Degree in Quantity Surveying or Construction Management, you may also be a member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) You will be responsible for pricing and measuring of materials and basic administration duties.
Location: Newmarket, Suffolk
Hours: Part Time – Approximately 15 hours per week (Initially)
You will ideally be recently graduated within the last 2 years and hold experience within on the job training and now looking to further your experience within the Residential Construction industry. The role will require a candidate who is confident in working alone and requires minimal supervision, who is also able to work to strict deadlines and conduct general administration duties.
Duties will include:
* Taking/logging enquiries and liaising with clients
* Creating a bill of quantities to price and form part of a tender
* Attending sites to measure and price materials/work completed on behalf of the Carpentry Contractor
* Professional and confident service to clients and architects to assist in business growth
* Assist with estimating works
* Liaising with Sub Contractors on material enquiries
* Price bills of quantities provided by main contractors
* Obtain supplier and subcontractor quotations for analysis
* Track changes to design and log variations as necessary
* Putting together and sending marketing emails and calls
* Administration within Construction Health and Safety along with filing
Skills and Experience required:
* A Residential Construction background is essential and additional general building experience would be ideal – Specifically within Residential extensions, refurbishments and conversions
* Valid UK driving license and transport
* Basic computer skills and confident with Microsoft Excel & Word
* Professional, confident, reliable and able to work within a small team and take on responsibility
If you have not received a response within 2-4 working days, then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Busy Bee Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency for this Permanent vacancy.
Job Type: Part Time
Location: CB8, Newmarket, Suffolk
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.