Bournemouth & Poole College has an exciting opportunity for a driven and committed Lecturer in Foundation Studies to join their team in Poole. You will be working on a full time basis (37 hours per week) until July 2020 as part of a fixed term contract. In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £21,610 – £34,515 pro rata depending on experience.
We have around 11,000 students that are from across the UK and the world. Our passion is to ensure students are qualified, find jobs and can progress in their career. We are proud to say our apprenticeships training ranks in the top 30% of colleges and we work with over 2,000 businesses.
The Lecturer in Foundation Studies role:
The purpose of this post is to deliver high quality teaching and learning, as well as strong pastoral support to Bournemouth and Poole College students. The post holder may also act as a personal tutor to students.
As our Lecturer in Foundation Studies your duties will include:
– Contribute to the development and delivery of a range of educational programmes including identifying learning objectives; determining, designing and producing study material; planning course/study programme delivery
– Contribute to high quality learning experiences using a variety of teaching and learning methods in the classroom
– Ensure that teaching is based on current best available practice and is consistent with a high standard of practice
– Provide academic and pastoral support to students in accordance with agreed procedures.
– Create an outstanding student experience which leads to progression or employment
– Manage student issues within agreed protocols.
– Undertake such other reasonable duties as the line manager may require from time to time and review this Job Description annually with the line manager
– Participate in the College’s appraisal process and to undertake any training that may be appropriate
– Take appropriate responsibility to ensure the health and safety of self and others
– Pursue the achievement and integration of equal opportunities throughout all The College’s activities
The ideal Lecturer in Foundation Studies will need:
– Knowledge of current evidence-based practice in field(s) of expertise
– Knowledge of issues relating to equal opportunities and cultural diversity
– Knowledge of and commitment to Safeguarding Children and vulnerable adults legislation
– Experience of facilitating learning for students with Special Educational Needs in Further Education or Entry Level students or an appropriate workplace setting, for example a specialist school or training provider
– Excellent organisational skills
– Focused on team working
– Proven ability to plan and organise own workload
– Ability to access and use relevant sources of research evidence
– Graduate or specialist diploma in relevant subject area
– Teaching Qualification such as Certificate in Education, DTLLS, DET, PGCE or willing to work towards.
Benefits will include:
– 38 days annual leave plus bank holidays
– up to 5 days leave during the Christmas closure period
– Free parking at all of our college sites (where spaces are available)
– Cycle to Work scheme
– Enrollment into the Teachers’ Pension Scheme
– Excellent support and career development with the help of our senior practitioners and Quality department
Closing Date: 1st December 2019
If you feel you are the right candidate for this Lecturer in Foundation Studies role then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.
Salary: £21610 – £34515/annum
Job Type: Part Time
Location: Poole, Dorset, United Kingdom
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.