At Mencap we work in partnership with people with a learning disability. We do this by providing high-quality, flexible services that support people, including young adults, to live as independently as possible in their own homes and in the community.
Everyone wants a purposeful job – to do something really meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You’ll have opportunities to develop as a person, colleague, leader and activist.
You’ll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We’ll ask a lot of you – but you’ll get back so much more. With us, it’s never ‘just a job’.
We are looking for a positive and caring Support Workers to join one of our services in Andover where we support three ladies with learning and physical disabilities. We have various part time positions available from 15 to 35 hours on a permanent basis.
They say variety is the spice of life, and that’s certainly the case here! We have a range of different support needs, as well as interests, hobbies and a never ending list of fun things that the people that we support enjoy. The ladies at the service enjoy going to the cinema, out for meals, spa days, theatre, hydrotherapy – they also have a pet cat!
As well as different interests we have lots of different support needs – it’s really important that you are comfortable when it comes to providing personal care as the ladies do require support with this as well as independent living skills such as cooking, cleaning, medication and hoisting.
Due to the ladies busy schedule, we do require drivers to be able to get them to their activities. You will not have to use your own vehicle as you will be insured on the service car.
You don’t need to have experience but it is essential that you share our values. As long as you have a positive attitude and want to improve the lives of those with a learning disability, we will support you with progression opportunities throughout your career with us.
Supporting someone with their daily life is not a 9-5 job. You will need to be able to work across a range of different days and shift patterns, including lates, earlies and sleep ins (sleep ins are compliant and competitive with National Living Wage). We realise that your quality time is important too, so your rota is prepared well in advance – have something special going on? Your manager will certainly try to help you – although, we do work on a rota basis, and you must be comfortable with shift working.
An Enhanced DBS check will be required for each successful candidate (Paid for by Mencap, T&Cs apply)
We believe that all employees are amazing and we wouldn’t be able to achieve what we do without them. Here are just some of the ways we would value and invest in you.
* 28 days’ holiday (including Bank holidays), increasing to 35 days’ with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme*
* Amazing Induction
* Access to award winning training and development
* Service related sick pay when 6-month probation is completed
* Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings*
* Death in service life cover for a nominated beneficiary under our life assurance scheme*
* Tax free child care vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
* Loans for bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
* Interest free season ticket loans
* Discounts and cashback at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
* Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
* Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
* Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
*T&C’s apply based on contract
Salary: £8.88/hour plus excellent benefits
Job Type: Permanent, Part Time
Location: Andover, Hampshire
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.