Facilities Manager (Runs the Barn)
Location: Henley on Thames
Reports to: Head of Keeping People Happy
Contract: Full time – part time may be considered.
Purpose: To provide cover for the permanent Facilities Manager’s sabbatical and help make sure we have a Healthy and Happy team by creating a comfortable, branded and inspiring environment to work in and organising the right IT tools to do the job
Facilities Manager Role Activities / Responsibilities:
Managing our Barns
– Work with the Head of Keeping People Happy to create an annual strategy and implementation plan including an IT strategy.
– Manage our external IT supplier to ensure they understand and meet our needs, inspire us with new developments and ensure our existing technology (including Telecoms) runs smoothly and issues are resolved within SLAs.
– Monitor our IT supplier to ensure users are satisfied with the service including user surveys, regular one to ones with our on site consultant, quarterly meetings with Account Management.
– Closely manage the Barns and IT budget to ensure no overspends occur and we have a strong ROI measured by team satisfaction.
– Work with other members of the team to ensure our IT Controls and IT provision are to the standard required.
– Manage our facilities and utilities to ensure an environmentally friendly and comfortable environment.
– Make sure the basics run like clockwork – keep our Barns clean, tidy and well organised including managing our cleaning contractors and ensure regular maintenance takes place and repairs are carried out promptly.
– Coordinate desk and layout moves as our team grows.
– Liaise with our landlord on general maintenance matters .
– Manage the Green Buddies Programme, working with the Sustainability Manager to ensure our Sustainability strategy extends to our office environment.
– Work with our Health and Safety contractors to minimise health and safety risks by following their recommendations and ensure we are legally compliant.
– Ensure we have a safe and healthy working environment to look after our team and make sure we are complaint with the relevant legislation.
– Work with the TILT (Crisis Management) team to ensure business continuity plans are in place and manage critical situations at the Barns (eg loss of power, bad weather etc) via our disaster recovery procedures and work with our IT suppliers and other external contractors to ensure normal service is resumed as soon as possible.
– Live and breathe our values everyday, championing ways of working and having fun that inspire everyone in the Barns with our values.
– Support the Fun Stuff team to devise and deliver an annual calendar of team events such as charity fundraising events, celebrations for key business events such as product launches and calendar events such as Easter, back to school, Halloween and Christmas and our Christmas and Summer parties.
– Manage the Shipshape team (Receptionist and Facilities Co-ordinator) to make sure the Ella’s team and all our guests get a sprinkle of Ella’s magic every day. Ensure our apprentice Receptionist has all the support they need and our first apprentice placement is a success. Liaise with Henley College as needed.
– Ensure all newbies feel welcomed when they join Ella’s by organising their desk and all equipment for their first day and providing a Health & Safety, Barns and IT induction
– Run Ella’s Academy training sessions for all our teams so that everyone understands how things work in the Barns – this will need to be a combo of newbie and Lou
– Organise reception cover for lunches and Receptionist holidays
As a Facilities manager you will need:
– Demonstrable ability to live and breathe our values: We Want to Win, We’re Business Minded, We’re Childlike, We think differently, We’re Good to Each other.
– Facilities Management Experience, including Iosh Health & Safety, Fire Warden and First Aid knowledge.
– Experience of successfully devising an IT strategy.
– Knowledge of harnessing, and implementing, information technology solutions for business, including Microsoft software, SAP, telecoms.
– Experience of managing an outsourced IT service, and other external suppliers/ relationships.
– Passion for the brand and what Ella’s stands for – improving children’s lives through developing healthy relationships with food.
– Knows how to have fun and be childlike!
– Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast paced environment.
– Inspirational people management skills.
– Bags of creativity.
– Relationship building skills – getting the best out of others to achieve the plan.
– Great communication skills.
– A results focussed mind-set with the ability to “never never give up” and find solutions to challenges.
– Strong project management skills and the tenacity to see projects through to the end
– Good numeracy and budget management skills to ensure we control our spend and maximise our ROI
– Good MS office skills
And What You’ll Get In Return:
– Bucket loads of training and development, supporting your career pathway
– Competitive salary
– Discretionary bonus scheme
– A Box of Treats, including private medical, dental, pension, life assurance, 25 days holiday and the ability to buy more, high street discounts, a yummy breakfast every morning, pamper days, Give It A Go days… to name only a few!
– A really awesome place to come to work every day… our beautiful Barns in the Oxfordshire countryside
Ella’s Kitchen was set up to promote healthy eating amongst babies and young children. This highly entrepreneurial and values driven company has achieved impressive growth to £80m turnover and a team of 80 employees based at Ella’s barn near Henley. Their baby and toddler food pouches can be found in key retailers across the UK as well as in international markets. Ella’s is recognised for its high quality ingredients and ethical credentials which are visible throughout their supply chain and in their social and charity work. Ella’s is part of the Hain Celestial Group.
You will be joining a team of people who meet personal and business challenges with hard work and a massive smile. They not only see things as they are and ask why – but see things that never were and ask why not.
Job Type: Permanent, Contract, Part Time
Location: Henley-on-Thames, Oxfordshire
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.