Care Assistant – Part Time
We are currently looking for experienced part time Care Assistants to join the team at our Meadowrythe dementia specialist scheme in Tamworth, working between 14 – 21 hours per week.
We`ll provide additional specialist training, support and opportunities for you to better yourself as an excellent Care Assistant. Our main priority is to find the right person to match our values and beliefs with the right experience. We believe that you could be the one we are looking for!
About our care scheme
Meadowyrthe is a residential care home in Tamworth, Staffordshire, catering for up to 31 adults over 65 with dementia.We are located in a residential area with shops and transport links close by so we are very easy to get to.
Our care scheme is comfortable and is well-equipped with facilities and ourdedicated, qualified team of staff mean that the resident`s individual needs are met. We have communal areas include large lounges, dining rooms, conservatory and quiet areas all of which contribute to a homely and friendly atmosphere.
At Meadowyrthe we use the Eden Alternative, an approach that focuses on improving the aging experience by engaging residents with plants, animals and children.
As a Care Assistant your duties will vary and no day will be the same. Some examples of duties are:
* Provide support to our residents who have a variety of care needs
* Carrying out all aspects of personal care, including dressing, washing and toileting
* Encourage and motivate the residents to get involved with social activities
* To record and administer any prescribed medication to the residents, in accordance with Accord`s policies.
We can offer you:
* A great place to work with friendly and supportive teams
* The opportunity for you to learn, develop and progress with us
* A generous package of terms and conditions, including:
* Guaranteed contracted hours
* Occupational sick pay
* Additional holiday entitlement
* Enhanced holiday entitlement
* Free DBS check and uniform
* A `refer a friend` £250 payment
* As an Accord colleague, you will be able to access `Wagestream`, a benefit which allows colleagues to access up to 30% of their earned wages. Wagestream isn`t a loan and there are no interest charges.
Successful applicants shortlisted will be invited to attend for interview on 6th February 2020.
Please note if you are successful within this role you will be expected to attend a 6 day induction training course at our training facility in Sutton Coldfield (*location may vary). This is a fantastic opportunity for you to learn all about working for Accord and receive all your essential training so you are ready to start your new role with us.
Salary: £8.41 – £8.60/hour
Job Type: Part Time
Location: B79, Tamworth, Staffordshire
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.